This is a permanent link that you can copy and paste into emails or social media messages:If you've been the victim of a crime or think you have witnessed one, you should report it to the police straight away.

Your information could be used to prevent other crimes and help keep other people safe You can report a fraud to Action Fraud by using our online fraud reporting tool, To report a fraud via our online fraud reporting tool, you will be taken to a new .

Find out about the different ways of reporting a crime.

Writing reports — university of leicester

A trained staff member will ask you to describe what has happened and where you are. They may ask if you need any other emergency services, such as an ambulance.

If the situation is an emergency, a police officer will come to the scene to talk to you When you are asked to write a report you will usually be given a report brief which provides you with instructions and guidelines. The report brief may outline the .

Reporting crime - police.uk

How to report non-emergency crimesIf you want to report a minor crime, such as a stolen mobile phone, you should go to your nearest police station to report it, or call your local police in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland by dialling 101. You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example, if:Your car has been stolenYour property has been damagedYou suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhoodOr to:Speak to the police about a general enquiryVictim supportThere are people and groups who can help if you have been the victim of a crime.

They can help you when you report a crime, when you go to court and after a trial.

Victim Support offer free help and support to victims of crime including:Emotional support - for example, coping with the after-effects of crimePractical help like getting locks changed or help filling in forms for insurance and compensationAdvice on dealing with the policeHelp finding a counsellorYou can contact Victim Support even if the crime happened a long time ago or you haven't reported it to the police The next step is to find the information you need for your report. To do this you may need to read written material, observe people or activities, and/or talk to .

In England and Wales, you can phone Victim Support on 08 08 16 89 111 or visit the Victim Support website. In Northern Ireland, you can phone Victim Support NI on 028 9024 3133 or visit the Victim Support NI website.

How to report crime anonymouslyIf you want to report a crime, but you do not want to be identified to the police, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 You can make a report anonymously - you don't have to give your name or The Department for Work and Pensions Fraud and Error Service will look at the .

Crimestoppers will ask questions about the crime you have information on but will never ask questions about you.

How do i report a performance to you? - prs for music

Because Crimestoppers is an 0800 number, calls are free from a landline and don't show up on a BT or cable phone bill. Alternatively, you can report a crime anonymously with Crimestoppers online.

How to report anti-social behaviourThe first step is to speak to members of your local neighbourhood policing team (their details are available from their neighbourhood page; search for your team with the search button at the top of this page) You can take advantage of various design strategies to create the perception that your report will be easy to read and understand. These strategies address:..

General tips for making your report appealing and easy to skim

They can provide support and advice, and help you decide how to handle the situation. If you and your neighbour are tenants of a social landlord (the council or a housing association), you can also report it to your landlord. If the anti-social behaviour is affecting your quality of life, or making you fear for your safety or the safety of others, contact your local police station directly.

Staff working there will help you file a complaint.

Report benefit fraud - gov.uk

How to report a hate crimeThe police and the courts treat hate crime very seriously. Hate crime is upsetting for victims and their friends and families, and creates hatred in communities. Hate crime is any crime that is targeted at a person or group of people because of prejudice or hostility about:Race - including culture, nationality and languageReligion and beliefSexual orientationDisability - including physical or mental impairment, or learning disabilitiesThe police will treat hate crime as a priority.

The courts can also impose a more severe sentence than for a similar crime with no hate motive.

Research & learning online - monash university

Some police forces have dedicated officers to deal with particular types of hate crime Your email will be received and responded to by someone from the UKAD you can access this information via our Report Doping in Sport toolkit, a tool to help .

By reporting it when it happens to you, you may be able to prevent it happening to someone else. You will also help the police understand the extent of hate crime in your local area so they can respond to it better.

If you do not want to go direct to the police, you can also report the crime online at or, in Northern Ireland, via the PSNI.

How to write a report - open polytechnic